€787,000 Mountain village house Superbagneres
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Andrew Parker - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 10 / 5
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 373 / 265
Superb mansion in the centre of Bagneres de Luchon, a beautiful spa town and ski resort in the Pyrenees. Renovated home with an additional 4 apartments to rent. The owner accommodation is luxurious with a stunning living area and terrace with panoramic
- In ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden.
This is a beautiful property in the heart of Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees. Ideally located for all mountain activities including skiing, cycling, walking, paragliding, golf, horse-riding, rafting and more. The mansion has the main luxurious owner accommodation plus 4 apartments to rent, making it an attractive business as well as a beautiful home. Enclosed garden and courtyard that could be made into private parking.
• Less than 1 km to the ski lift for Superbagneres Ski Resort
• 25-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (15 km)
• Ski hire and equipment shops
• Outside ice skating rink at Christmas and New Year
• Thermal Spa Situated on a quiet avenue, this beautiful and elegant mansion has an impressive façade. Curved steps lead up to the entrance with 1914 carved above the original wooden door. You enter the vestibule with lovely polished wooden floors, wooden half-panelled walls and double doors into the hallway with a beautiful ornate ceiling.
GROUND FLOOR The accommodation on this floor is split into apartments as follows:
APARTMENT TO RENT The door opens into a lovely large living area (lounge/dining room) with an archway into the bedroom. This is a comfortable room with a large window providing lots of light. A door opens into a hallway leading to
• Cupboard (hanging space)
• Bathroom (bath, bidet, wash basin and an additional built-in cupboard)
• Separate WC
• Kitchen with space for a table and chairs This apartment is ideal to rent but could equally provide accommodation for elderly relatives.
OWNER ACCOMMODATION The owner accommodation is on two floors.
The ground floor consists of:
• Hallway with many large built-in cupboards forming a dressing room
• A very spacious bathroom with a large bath, grand wall radiator, large shower cubicle, wash basin and WC
• Bedroom with 2 windows overlooking the garden, high ceiling and ornate fireplace. Between the bathroom and the bedroom, a lovely wooden staircase leads up to the first-floor accommodation. As you climb the stairs and enter the bright and contemporary living accommodation measuring 50 m2, the décor is modern and impressive yet still has a feeling of the original character of the property.
The living area consists of:
• Lounge area with a little office area
• Dining area
• Beautiful fireplace
• New wooden floor
• 5 patio doors that open onto the balcony that stretches along two sides of the house and leads onto the large terrace at the rear. At the side of the office a door opens onto the smaller terrace. There are two more doors from the living area – one opening on to the large terrace at the rear of the property and the other opens into the hallway on the first floor of the mansion. At the side of the living room is a
• Built-in cupboard
• Separate WC with washbasin
• Laundry room (which could be an additional bathroom)
To the rear of the living room is the breakfast dining area and kitchen with a lovely new wooden floor edged with tiles which is stunning and a further door leading out onto the terrace.
One of the highlights of this property is the 40 m2 roof terrace with panoramic mountain views. To the left is a covered area – an ideal location for the garden table and chairs. This space could easily be changed into a second bedroom. There is a small storage room to the side. The terrace extends out and is a perfect private sun trap with space for little seating areas and sun bathing areas, it is perfect.
SECOND FLOOR There are two almost identical apartments on this floor that are ideal as both holiday and permanent rentals or could form family accommodation for older children. Each apartment has a:
• Living area (lounge/dining room) with wooden floors
• Marble fireplace
• High ceilings
• Lovely wooden doors
• Bathroom (bath with shower, WC, wash basin and half tiled walls.
• Pretty metal shutters One apartment has 4 patio doors with Juliet balconies, the other has two patio doors one of which leads onto a small balcony. It would be possible to extend both these apartment into the attic, making large duplex apartments. ATTIC The elegant polished wood original staircase goes from the basement right up to the attic, opening into the hallway with doors leading into 5 rooms. The rooms are used mainly for storage but could be transformed into bedrooms, bathrooms, an additional apartment or opened to form part of the two apartments on the first floor. The sloping ceiling in the hallway has a huge window with views of the mountains.
GARDEN LEVEL There is a separate entrance below the main entrance to the house that goes into the garden level accommodation. There are several different rooms on this level including:
• Large workshop with a stone floor
• Second workshop with an old original fireplace and stone walls
• Smaller room used to store outdoor equipment eg bicycles
• 3 caves (two belong to the apartments on the second floor, the other is a wine store. There is another hallway that is accessed via the mansion staircase where you will find a
• Large room with a window and beautiful wooden floor
• Tiled bathroom with roll top bath, bidet and sink Lastly a smaller hallway with a large wooden built-in cupboard proceeds to patio doors that open into the courtyard belonging to the annexe.
BASEMENT The garden level has steps down into the spacious basement consisting of two large areas, ideal for storage. ANNEXE DUPLEX APARTMENT This apartment is an ideal long-term rental with an independent entrance and two little courtyards (facing north and south).
On the ground floor is a
• Living room
• Separate kitchen/dining area
• Small storage area (ideal for skis etc) The first floor has a little hallway leading into a:
• Bedroom with two cupboards
• Smaller room with one cupboard
• Bathroom (WC, wash basin, bath)
REGION Bagneres de Luchon is a charming and charismatic spa town and ski location with cafes, bars, restaurants, casino, boutiques, golf course, lake and a range of outdoor activities on offer including:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoe walking and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
• Paragliding, rafting and fishing
• Golf, tennis, climbing wall and Segway.
Luchon is a renowned spa resort with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool. From Luchon you can go over the Col de Portillon and cross into Spain and visit the pretty little village of Bossosst and the new animal park where you can observe the different animals of the region in their natural habitat.
SUMMARY This is a beautiful spacious home with many possibilities. It can continue as a home with apartments to rent or could be changed into a large family home or bed and breakfast. A visit is recommended to fully appreciate the character and quality of the renovated areas and the location of the house, in the heart of this lovely spa town.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Superbagneres Ski Resort
Superbagneres resort is situated above Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees” with an exceptional concentration of peaks over 3000m. The lift from the center of Luchon allows you to access the slopes of Superbagneres in just 8 minutes. Divided into 3 sectors, Superbagneres offers a wide variety of slopes and a spacious snow park.
Techous Sector is accessible from the gondola with gentle slopes and a KidiPark. This area is ideal for beginners and children and hosts the Glisses snowpark. Superbagners has introduced special access for beginners to this area allowing them to practice the rudiments of skiing.
Lake Sector offers blue and red runs for skiers in the heart of the forest. Super for beginners who are ready to progress from Techous and the baby slopes.
Céciré Sector is the highest part of the resort. It has long blue runs (including a 5km long piste) red and black runs, making this sector ideal for all skiers and, as a bonus, has unparalleled views of the Pyrenees.
In total, Superbagneres has 32 km of slopes including 4 green, 11 blue, 7 red and 6 black runs. There is a snow park, cross-country skiing area and places where you can toboggan. Every Wednesday the gondola stays open until 20.30 hours.
In addition to downhill skiing, visitors can experience other activities including paragliding and snow shoe walking. A new activity ”Airboard” has been introduced and is a popular choice with many visitors.
Luchon is a beautiful spa town and offers an abundance of shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, cinema, disco, casino and the famous spa with its underground natural caves and pool.
Toulouse – 97 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 69 miles
Carcassonne – 147 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES