€368,000 Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Carole McGregor - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 6 / 1
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 346 / 440
Restaurant, snack bar, licence IV, ski hire and repair shop, apartment or family home – the choice is yours. A high-quality building with 440 m2 of habitable space in the heart of the mountains and a pretty little ski resort at a super price
- In ski resort
- Ski or lift direct from the door or within a few paces and ski back at the end of the day.
- Walk out of your door and at a reasonable pace you'll be at your ski lift in 5mins or less.
- Mountain views.
Super opportunity to purchase a snack bar and ski hire business and create even more. A range of possibilties including
• Restaurant, snack bar and apartment
• Bed and breakfast
• Family home with ski hire and repair business
• Group accommodation
• Or a combination of the above
• Ski in, ski out Le Mourtis ski resort
• Ski hire, repair
• Ski lessons within walking distance
• 32 km to Bagneres de Luchon (Superbagneres)
An opportunity to purchase this business and/or family home has arisen because the current owners wish to retire. They designed and built this lovely building between 1981 and 1984 when they first opened the bar and restaurant. Since then they have:
• Replaced the roof in two stages in 2011 and 2013
• Renovated the bar in 2012
• Renovated the ski hire and shop in 2014
• Replaced all the windows in the bar/restaurant in 2015
• Completed all the joinery and development of the 2nd floor rooms/apartment in 2017
• Created handicapped access in 2017
The property is built over three levels and on a slight slope, facing the ski slopes and lift with forest and mountains to the rear. The windows are double glazed, there is oil central heating and main drainage. The business and owner accommodation is split over the three floors as follows:
SKI HIRE, REPAIR AND SHOP The ski shop is situated in the basement level of the building. The area is tiled with three windows out to the rear with views of the mountains and forest, 5 radiators and a lovely wide patio door entrance with disabled access. As you enter the premises you will be delighted with the décor, ambience and layout of this lovely area that has:
• Cash desk, information and client welcome area
• Small ski items of equipment for sale
• Wooden boot displays that slide for ease of choice and access
• Sliding ski display stands, again providing easy access To the rear of the shop is the technical service area where skis are repaired, waxed and prepared for clients with professional:
• Base repair machine
• Waxing machine
In addition, there is a separate area with equipment for large groups with helmets, boots, pools, skis and a special boot warming machine. The shop has 600 pairs of boots and 500 sets of skis plus associated materials and equipment. The boiler room is also on this floor with a corridor leading back into the staircase area with a store room for equipment. As you climb the stairs you reach the little hallway with a wash basin and door into a public WC. There is an external door to the side and a further two doors – one leading into the kitchen and one into the restaurant.
RESTAURANT, BAR AND KITCHEN As the owners are now older the snack-bar is only opened at lunch time. They also only work the winter season from Christmas to Easter. There is an opening here to expand into a full restaurant, to include evening meals and open during other months in the year. This large, bright space has:
• 80 covers (with space to add more)
• tiled floor
• 6 double glazed windows with lovely views
• licence IV (bar licence)
• lovely bright entrance area with vestibule
• disabled ramp access
• swing door into the bar area
• 2 x beer pumps
• cash register
• professional coffee machine
• chocolatier (which is rented)
• 6 door cabinet drinks refrigerators
The professional kitchen is accessed via the restaurant, the hallway to the WC and the bar and has:
• tiled walls and floor
• dish washing area (plonge)
• stainless steel work table
• fitted units
• ‘piano’ with an oven
• meat grill
• extractor hood
To the left of the bar is another room used to store equipment, drinks, food etc.
APARTMENT/OWNER ACCOMMODATION The second floor is currently only used by the owners and family. The owner informs me that this layout can very easily be changed, walls removed etc to create whatever space is required. The floor measures 160 m2 and could become:
• owner accommodation
• 2 apartments
• B&B accommodation
• Group accommodation Currently there are the following rooms on this level, each with exposed ceiling beams:
• shower room (shower, bidet, wash basin) with tiled floor, half tiled walls, radiator and window
• long hallway
• laundry room (the owners were considering making this room into a kitchen)
• 6 double bedrooms (one used as an office)
• Living room (lounge and dining area) with windows overlooking the ski slopes and lift.
• Trap giving access to the roof space.
EXTERIOR There is 1m of land around three sides of the building to walk around and provide access for work on the building At the front there is 5m of land providing a terrace and space for outside tables and chairs.
REGION Situated just 1h30 from Toulouse, 3 hours from Bordeaux and just over the border from Spain
Le Mourtis is in a super location with access to a range of all year-round activities:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, horse-riding and fishing
• Animal park, adventure park
• Spas (Luchon and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
• And much much more …..
If you are looking for a home and business in the mountains close to skiing, please contact me for more information.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES