€315,000 Mountain village house Superbagneres
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Andrew Parker - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 5 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€300,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 4 / 2
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 620 / 170
Beautifully renovated and spacious 4-bedroom barn (170 m2) situated in a small mountain village close to Bagneres de Luchon, skiing, cycling, beautiful walks
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
This charming barn with super views has been renovated with excellent taste. Perfect for anyone who loves nature and the outdoors. The garden has a lovely stream and a terrace – don’t be surprised to look out through the windows to see deer grazing in the surrounding land.
• 10 km (15 mins) to Bagneres de Luchon (ski resort Superbagneres)
• 24 km (31 mins) to skiing at Peyragudes
• 30 km (40 mins) to the ski resort Le Mourtis
Located just above the village with views across to the mountains this lovely property has a garden to each side and a front terrace. You enter the property through a pretty door into the traditional kitchen with stone floor, working fireplace, exposed original beams and stone walls. Stone steps lead down from the kitchen to the ground floor accommodation:
• Bedroom with exposed ceiling beams, wooden floor, 2 original stone walls, window and a door into the Jack and Jill bathroom
• Bedroom with wooden floor, long window, an exposed stone wall and original ceiling beams
• Bathroom with 2 stone walls, window, ceiling beams, corner bath set in a stone surround and wash basin
• Separate WC with stone floor
• Small storage room with hot water cylinder A door from the hallway leads out on to the terrace (originally the barn door).
Stone steps from the kitchen lead you into the grand living accommodation. This room has the WOW factor and is divided into a spacious lounge and to the rear a dining area featuring:
• wooden floor
• 3 exposed stone walls
• colombage wall in the dining area
• patio doors leading into the garden
• beautiful open wooden staircase to the 2nd floor
• huge central chimney with an open working fireplace
• high vaulted ceiling
• wide patio doors onto the balcony overlooking the village with views of the mountains
SECOND FLOOR The staircase from the dining area opens onto the mezzanine overlooking the living room with wooden floor, an exposed stone wall, vaulted ceiling and Velux window making it light and airy. A few wooden steps lead into a hallway with Velux window and the second-floor accommodation:
• Master bedroom with wooden floor, 2 windows, a colombage wall, stone wall, vaulted ceiling and discrete cupboards in the wall and under one window. A door leads into the Jack and Jill shower room
• Bedroom with bunk beds, wooden floor, colombage wall, window and door into the Jack and Jill shower room
• Shower room with wash basin and large shower
• Separate WC with Velux window
EXTERIOR There is a garden to each side of the property. To the left is a stone shed with ample space for garden equipment and an open sided shelter ideal for storing wood. At the front of the house is a lovely terrace.
REGION Set in the heart of the mountains and countryside you are only 15 minutes and you are in Bagneres de Luchon where you will find:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains, rivers and lakes
• Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
• Paragliding, rafting and fishing
• Golf, tennis, climbing wall and Segway
• Restaurants/cafes/bars and shops
• Leisure airport where you can glide, take a flight in a small plane etc
• Cinema with English language films and casino
Luchon is a renowned spa resort with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool. From Luchon you can go over the Col de Portillon and cross into Spain and visit the pretty little village of Bossost and the new animal park where you can observe the different animals of the region in their natural habitat. This charming property oozes character and does not fail to impress as you enter the accommodation. A rare find.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Superbagneres Ski Resort
Superbagneres resort is situated above Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees” with an exceptional concentration of peaks over 3000m. The lift from the center of Luchon allows you to access the slopes of Superbagneres in just 8 minutes. Divided into 3 sectors, Superbagneres offers a wide variety of slopes and a spacious snow park.
Techous Sector is accessible from the gondola with gentle slopes and a KidiPark. This area is ideal for beginners and children and hosts the Glisses snowpark. Superbagners has introduced special access for beginners to this area allowing them to practice the rudiments of skiing.
Lake Sector offers blue and red runs for skiers in the heart of the forest. Super for beginners who are ready to progress from Techous and the baby slopes.
Céciré Sector is the highest part of the resort. It has long blue runs (including a 5km long piste) red and black runs, making this sector ideal for all skiers and, as a bonus, has unparalleled views of the Pyrenees.
In total, Superbagneres has 32 km of slopes including 4 green, 11 blue, 7 red and 6 black runs. There is a snow park, cross-country skiing area and places where you can toboggan. Every Wednesday the gondola stays open until 20.30 hours.
In addition to downhill skiing, visitors can experience other activities including paragliding and snow shoe walking. A new activity ”Airboard” has been introduced and is a popular choice with many visitors.
Luchon is a beautiful spa town and offers an abundance of shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, cinema, disco, casino and the famous spa with its underground natural caves and pool.
Toulouse – 97 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 69 miles
Carcassonne – 147 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES