€76,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Lesley Callaghan - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 9 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€70,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 4 / 1
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 77 / 140
Large, 5-bedroom village house next to the river in a traditional Pyrenean village close to the border of Spain, skiing, cycling, walking and other outdoor activities
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Garage or covered parking.
An ideal rental, holiday or permanent home close to pretty villages, a range of mountain activities and situated in a village with shops and services and close to the border of Spain and the Val d’Aran. In need of modernisation this house has a lot of potential.
• 16-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (11 km)
• 22-minute drive to Bagneres de Luchon - Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 45-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (35 km)
• Views of the surrounding mountains This traditional village house is situated on the side of the river with views over to the mountains.
GROUND FLOOR The main entrance to the property opens into the hallway. At the opposite end is a double-glazed door out to the balcony over the river. To the left of the hallway is a large garage with:
• Garage door from the road
• Double glazed window looking out to the river
• Double glazed door out on to the balcony overlooking the river
To the right is a large room with tiled floor, a fireplace, old bread oven and two double glazed windows – one facing the road and the other looking out to the river and mountains in the distance.
FIRST FLOOR The original stairs and banister take you up to the first-floor accommodation:
• Hallway with a double-glazed door at each end. One door opening on to the balcony over the road and one to the balcony over the river
• Bedroom with 2 double glazed windows, marble fireplace and electric wall heater
• Bathroom with tiled floor, three-quarter tiled walls, bath (with shower attached to the taps) bidet and wash basin
• WC independent
• Kitchen with wood burner, ornate wooden fireplace, two double glazed windows overlooking the river.
• Dining area/salon with double double-glazed windows accessed via an archway from the kitchen and a wooden fireplace.
SECOND FLOOR This floor has 4 bedrooms all with lovely wooden floors, single glazed windows and no heating. These rooms require some modernisation:
• Smallest bedroom with two windows facing the road and an old fireplace
• Larger bedroom with 2 windows overlooking the river
• 2nd large bedroom with 2 windows, old fireplace and a door into a small dressing room
• A 4th bedroom with 2 windows facing the road. The hallway has a door out on to the balcony (the balcony requires attention)
ATTIC The original wooden staircase and banister
There are two spaces in the attic which could be renovated to provided additional accommodation. One room has 2 windows and the other 1 window, both have wooden floors.
• Toulouse International Airport is just 1h 20 minutes by car and Tarbes/Lourdes airport just under 1h.
• The train station at Montrejeau is 20 minutes away
• The A64 motorway is just a 20 minute drive.
REGION In the immediate area, you have the following activities and amenities available to you:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, hunting and fishing
• Spas (Luchon and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".