€450,000 Chateau Superbagneres
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Andrew Parker - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 10 / 6
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 2163 / 400
Fairytale style chateau with many original features, 10 bedrooms, a lovely private garden and views of the mountains. Would make a perfect bed and breakfast. Close to skiing, mountain biking, road cycling, rafting, horse-riding, lakes and beautiful walk
- 30 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
An ornate chateau in a small village close to shops, services and activities. Only 15 minutes to the motorway and train station, 25 minutes to Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees” and the Val d’Aran in Spain. The owners have started to renovate this lovely original building including adding new insulation in the attic and a new roof. There are 10 bedrooms and 6 bath/shower rooms making it an ideal property for a bed and breakfast. The tower has 360 degree views and, once renovated would make a lovely room for relaxing, reading, working etc. Ski Information
• 23-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 24-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (17 km)
• 47-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (36 km)
• Views of the surrounding mountains Situated in a small village close to all activities, this is a fairy-tale shaped large chateau that has retained many original features:
• Wooden floors
• Plaster ceiling cornices
• Carving over the doors
• Wooden doors
• Marble and mosaic tiles
• Staircase and balustrade
• Half-timbered walls
• Marble fireplaces in each room, each a different colour representing the various villages in the region. The roof has been replaced, insulation added to the attic and all windows are double glazed (with high quality acoustic, noise reduction double glazed units in rooms at the front of the chateau). The owner is currently renovating two bathrooms. Much of the renovation has been completed but there is still scope to put your own personal stamp on this beautiful building. You enter the grounds via a large wrought iron gate to the driveway and front garden with a large pond and fountain. At night, sensors detect movement and automatically turn on the electric lighting down the driveway.
Marble steps lead up to the entrance, covered by an original wrought iron and glass canopy. The entrance door opens into the SAS with double doors into the wide and welcoming hallway with
• Original mosaic floor tiles
• Carved cornice
• Beautiful wide wooden staircase and balustrade leading to the upper floors
• Patio doors at the end leading onto the terrace and down to the large private courtyard and garden. To the left are double doors opening into the lounge with a pure white St Beat marble fireplace and beautiful parquet flooring. There is a large connecting door through to the grand dining room with the same carved cornice, parquet flooring plus half-timbered walls, patio doors leading out to the terrace and a lovely grey marble fireplace. To the right of the hallway is the large office again with parquet flooring and marble fireplace. There is a fully equipped kitchen with tiled floor and fitted units. Beneath the staircase is a storage cupboard and next to this a door with steps down to the basement. A small room with wash basin leading into a WC independent with beautiful original marble and mosaic floor tiles completes the ground floor accommodation.
FIRST FLOOR As you climb the wide wooden staircase, you arrive onto the spacious and open hallway with doors that lead into 5 large bedrooms:
• Bedroom 1 has a green marble fireplace, 2 windows, wooden floor (covered by carpet) and a shower room (multi-function shower with music, Haman, massage jets and an integrated bath plus WC, wash basin set in a unit and tiled walls.
• Bedroom 2 with two windows, a beautiful caramel, grey, black and white mosaic marble fireplace has an en-suite with original white and blue floor tiles and a WC with bidet
• Bedroom 3 does not have a fireplace. With a view of the famous Pic du Gar and bathroom with WC and wash basin.
• Bedroom 4 has a dark terracotta fireplace and a view of the Pic du Gar. This room has a bathroom that is currently being renovated by the owner.
• Bedroom 5 is featured in the virtual tour. It is a large room with black marble fireplace and view of the Pic du Gar. It has a large bathroom with bath (with shower), WC, wash basin and bidet. This floor also has a WC independent with half tiled walls and original white and blue floor tiles.
SECOND FLOOR This floor is not used regularly by the owners and could offer, for example
• 6 bedrooms or 5 bedrooms and dressing as is the current arrangement
• Owner apartment if the Chateau is used as a Bed and Breakfast
• Holiday apartment to rent to guests. A large hallway has doors leading into each of the different rooms.
• Bedroom 6 is a double room with window (the shower room is currently being refurbished)
• Bedrooms 7, 8 and 9 are double rooms with a window and wash basin
• Bedroom 10 is a double with a new shower room (shower with massage jets and integrated bath, WC and wash basin set in a unit. There is a dressing room that could be made into another bedroom if required.
From the hallway, there are stairs up to the tower. This is split level with a staircase connecting the two rooms. The tower can be renovated and would be an ideal peaceful place to relax, perhaps a library, craft workshop, office. The second floor of the tower has 4 windows that give you a 360-degree view of the surrounding mountains and countryside.
There is a large open basement in the Chateau that is used by the current owners as storage.
The rear of the Chateau has a large marble terrace, accessed via the hallway and dining room. Below the terrace is a laundry room and a garage. The marble staircase leads down from the Chateau to the courtyard/driveway with wrought iron gates into the large private, completed enclosed garden with barbecue and views of the mountain. A small gate from this area opens out into the side passageway. There is a natural source in the garden and it is a perfect place for a swimming pool. In the corner is a large covered store, ideal for garden equipment and furniture.
REGION In and around the village there is a:
• Intermarche Supermarket
• Computer expert
• Post Office
• Adventure Park (Pyrenees Ho)
• River and not far away a lovely lake
Close to ski resorts, VTT routes, Tour de France climbs, a river cycling path, fishing and wonderful walks and hikes, this Chateau is in such a good location for anyone who wants to enjoy the mountains and the outdoors. In summary, this is a beautiful, classically shaped 10-bedroom chateau with massive potential, flexibility and scope either as a family home or to create a business.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Superbagneres Ski Resort
Superbagneres resort is situated above Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees” with an exceptional concentration of peaks over 3000m. The lift from the center of Luchon allows you to access the slopes of Superbagneres in just 8 minutes. Divided into 3 sectors, Superbagneres offers a wide variety of slopes and a spacious snow park.
Techous Sector is accessible from the gondola with gentle slopes and a KidiPark. This area is ideal for beginners and children and hosts the Glisses snowpark. Superbagners has introduced special access for beginners to this area allowing them to practice the rudiments of skiing.
Lake Sector offers blue and red runs for skiers in the heart of the forest. Super for beginners who are ready to progress from Techous and the baby slopes.
Céciré Sector is the highest part of the resort. It has long blue runs (including a 5km long piste) red and black runs, making this sector ideal for all skiers and, as a bonus, has unparalleled views of the Pyrenees.
In total, Superbagneres has 32 km of slopes including 4 green, 11 blue, 7 red and 6 black runs. There is a snow park, cross-country skiing area and places where you can toboggan. Every Wednesday the gondola stays open until 20.30 hours.
In addition to downhill skiing, visitors can experience other activities including paragliding and snow shoe walking. A new activity ”Airboard” has been introduced and is a popular choice with many visitors.
Luchon is a beautiful spa town and offers an abundance of shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, cinema, disco, casino and the famous spa with its underground natural caves and pool.
Toulouse – 97 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 69 miles
Carcassonne – 147 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES