** UNDER OFFER ** €189,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
** UNDER OFFER **
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Lesley Callaghan - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 5 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€180,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 6 / 2
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 724 / 263
Superb price for this lovely spacious house (263 m2) with 6 bedrooms and a double garage. There is a private enclosed south-facing garden and views of the Pic du Gar. Ideal for skiing, cycling, walking and close to Bagnères de Luchon and the Val d’Ar
- 30 minutes drive to ski resort
- Balcony, terrace or garden.
A lovely gated entrance opens into the garden of this lovely home. Situated in a small village in the heart of the Pyrenees close to activities and attractions this is a splendid and spacious property. There is a large kitchen, lounge and dining room on the ground floor. 6 bedrooms on the first floor, one with a roof terrace with views of the mountains. The attic has 4 individual spaces and could very easily be renovated to provide additional accommodation. The property could make a lovely bed and breakfast.
• 28-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (22 km)
• 28-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (24 km)
• View of the mountains
Situated in a small village in the Haute Pyrenees you will find this spacious 6 bedrooms home (263 m2 of habitable space) with an enclosed garden and garage. You enter the grounds (724 m2) via the large and ornate electric gates or the little doorway with intercom that leads up to the pretty covered terrace and barbecue. The garden is south facing with a little well, lawn area, double garage attached to a storage area for garden equipment and furniture. The property which has an attractive façade was built in 1827 and has a lovely little balcony on the first floor over the entrance.
GROUND FLOOR The double entrance door with an ornate grill opens into a wide hallway with a tiled floor. To the left you will find the large fully equipped kitchen with oak units, and a range style cooker. The floor is tiled and there is a second entrance door that leads out onto the covered terrace – a perfect spot for al fresco eating on sunny days. A second door leads into the back kitchen and second staircase that leads up to the first floor. At the rear of the hallway on the left a door opens into a large workshop and boiler room. A small passageway from the kitchen opens into the living room with tiled floor, two windows, an ornate ceiling and marble fireplace. Right of the hallway is a large dining room with tiled floor, 2 windows overlooking the garden and a marble fireplace. Two doors from the dining room lead into a
• Separate WC (home to the hot water cistern with a small storage area
• Large bathroom with bath, bidet, 2 wash basins and a tiled floor.
FIRST FLOOR There are two staircases up to the first floor. The main wide and original wooden staircase and balustrade circles up from the ground floor. As you reach the first floor you find yourself in a wide hallway with double patio wooden doors out on to the Juliette balcony overlooking the garden. There are the following rooms on this floor:
• Separate WC
• Bedroom 1
• Bedroom 2, a large room with two windows overlooking the garden and a floor to ceiling wardrobe
• Bedroom 3 has a door into the second staircase down to the ground floor
• Bedroom 4 (Bedrooms 3 and 4 connect to each other and have doors into a small enclosed balcony area)
• Bedroom 5 with marble fireplace, window overlooking the terrace and a view of the Pic de Gar mountain
• Bedroom 6 has a door out on to the roof terrace and two windows overlooking the garden. This bedroom has a private shower room (shower cubicle with hydro jet and wash basin). The wall between Bedrooms 3 & 4 and the small enclosed balcony with glass windows that overlooks the garden could possibly removed making both bedrooms larger and giving maximum light and a lovely view of the garden and mountains.
ATTIC Once again you continue up the main wooden staircase. If you look up there is a beautiful stained-glass circular window in the ceiling giving extra light. The attic has high ceilings, exposed beams, a wooden floor and is divided into 4 areas that can be renovated and made into accommodation.
SUMMARY This lovely home offers you:
• 7 bedrooms, large living room, dining room and kitchen.
• A large attic that can be renovated to provide additional accommodation.
• Oil central heating, Wi-Fi available and the windows are double-glazed.
• Spacious double garage, lovely flat garden with covered terrace.
REGION The lovely little village is in a perfect location with easy access to
• Local train station (near Montrejeau)
• Motorway (Junction 17 – Montrejeau)
• Garonne river
• Pretty historical villages
• Larger towns such as Montrejeau and Saint Gaudens
• Beautiful countryside and mountains
• Supermarkets The following attractions/activities are close to the house:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
• Paragliding, rafting and fishing
• A renowned spa resort in Bagneres de Luchon with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool
• Shops, cinema, restaurants and historical sites
• Spanish border just 30 minutes away where you can enjoy tapas for lunch
• St Bertrand de Comminges with its famous cathedral
This is a beautiful home with many original features. It would benefit from a little bit of modernisation here and there only. The location is superb with easy access to all the local activities, attractions, amenities, services and shops. Realistically priced for a quick sale, a visit is a must to appreciate the lovely south facing garden and the opportunities that this property offers either as a family home or a potential business (B&B).
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".