6 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | Floor 274m² | Plot 306m²
€195,000 - £166,897**
6 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | Floor 274.12m² | Plot 306.00m²
€195,000 - £166,897**
* m² for information only
From - €1 400
** The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
€195,000 - £166,897**
From - €1 400
** The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only
€195,000 - £166,897**
Maison Gallieni is a large house in the centre of the village, 10 mins from the border of Spain with easy access to skiing, walking, cycling, rafting etc.
General Gallieni was born in this house on 24 April 1849. He was a French military officer and colonial administrator, Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour and recipient of the Military Medal.
A wonderful family home, B&B or investment (holiday rental).
Many of the original features have been retained. There is a small barn (in need or renovation) and garden/parking in the gated area at the rear of the house.
• 16-min to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (11 km)
• 22-min to Bagneres de Luchon - Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 45-min to Peyragudes Ski Resort (35 km)
• Views of the surrounding mountains
New – I am offering a new service to do virtual property viewings for long-distance clients – saving you valuable time and resources. You can see the property and the surroundings from your own home.
Maison Gallieni stands tall in the heart of the village. There is a plaque on the front of the property describing the history of the house, the birthplace of Marshal Gallieni. Joseph Gallieni had a long career in the army and was posthumously made Marshal of France in 1921.
This large house opens out to you as you move through the different levels with large, bright rooms as follows:
• SAS -the impressive large entrance door leads into a small vestibule before entering the house.
• Large entrance hall with double glazed windows, lovely tiled floor and shutters. This area could be used as a second living space
• Living room with double glazed windows, ornate tiled floor, shutters and marble fireplace overlooking the pretty little village with connecting doors into the dining room
• Spacious dining room with two double glazed windows. This room is light and airy and has a view of the garden. The original doors lead into the hallway and there is a lovely original wooden fireplace and tiled floor.
• Spacious kitchen at the rear of the property in need of modernization
• Storage area with boiler and water cylinder
• Storage area and laundry room
• A second entrance leading out to the side road
• Door into the small garden with space for parking.
The windows in the living room and dining room are double glazed. These rooms along with the entrance hall are tiled with attractive traditional styled ceramics.
From the ground floor, a beautiful original wooden staircase leads you through the property to the accommodation on each of the different levels.
• Long hallway leading into each of the rooms with wooden floor and window facing the garden
• Reading room and office with 3 windows and a beautiful fireplace and original parquet flooring (would also make a superb bedroom)
• Bedroom to the rear of the house with wooden floor, built in cupboards and two windows,
• Bedroom at the front of the house with original wooden floor, marble fireplace and spacious separate dressing room (both with windows facing towards the village).
• Shower room and separate WC
• Long hallway leading into each of the rooms with a door out on to the balcony overlooking the garden area and wooden floor.
• Spacious bedroom with wooden floor and a lovely view of the village. A door into a small area with wash basin and bidet.
• Large bedroom with marble fireplace, original wooden floor and wall cupboards. A door leads into a single bedroom which could be transformed into a spacious dressing room. Both rooms have windows looking out over the village. A door from the single bedroom into a small area with wash basin and bidet.
• Bedroom with three windows and a bathroom (bath, wash basin and bidet)
As you reach the summit of the house, you are in a large attic with huge potential having the advantage of 3 full-size windows and a roof window making it light and welcoming. Here you can use your imagination - a perfect space as a game room, living area or to add more accommodation and bathrooms to the property.
This floor also has a roof terrace (30 sqm) with a new satellite dish and views of the mountains and the small 12th century castle and chapel (a perfect place to watch the fireworks in the village each year)
There is a small outbuilding on two levels that would make an ideal workshop and, subject to planning permission a studio to rent to tourists.
This space currently has the oil tank for the central heating.
* Oil central heating - new boiler installed in August 2013 (if you wish to change to a heat pump system, the owner has an estimate of 10,000 euros to do this work)
* Hot water cylinder - new system installed in August 2013
* Ground floor electricity rewired in 2014
* The property has retained many of the original features (fireplaces, floors, staircase, doors etc)
* Lovely high ceilings
* Septic tank currently but the village has plans to introduce main drains in the near future.
Maison Gallieni is a spacious historic village house, oozing with potential and with large spacious rooms. It is a perfect family home or Bed and Breakfast ideally located close to all the tourist attractions in this region. It is crying out to return to its previous historical roots and to stand proud once again in the village.
The house has a large number of historical artefacts that could be of interest to buyers including journals, maps, paintings etc.
In the immediate vicinity you have the following activities and amenities available to you:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains, lakes and village outdoor swimming pool (in Summer)
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, canoeing, hunting, horse-riding and fishing
• Spas (Luchon, Balnea and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
Toulouse, Tarbes/Lourdes and Pau airports are all within 1h 20 minutes.
The train station at Montrejeau is 25 minutes by car but a coach takes you from Marignac station several times a day which is just 5 minutes away.
St Beat has primary and secondary schools, a medical centre with doctors, nurses, physio etc a bar with snacks in the centre of the village, a bakers, newsagents/tabac and a small supermarket. There is an Intermarche supermarket just 5km from the village.
On the outskirts of the village is a lovely Lake with views of the surrounding countryside and a snack bar open all day, all week.
Interested? Please contact me to arrange a visit or more information.
Information about risks to which this property is exposed is available on the Géorisques website : https://www.georisques.gouv.fr
The Alps may be known for their glamour, but the smaller friendly resorts of the Hautes Pyrenees offer great opportunities for experienced skiers, as well as for beginners and children, further more, they are set amongst beautiful mountains known for their hiking and cross country skiing trails. The Hautes Pyrenees department has 439 ski runs and 340km of ski and cross-country trails. The ski resorts are dynamic, small and friendly, offering numerous sporting options. There's plenty going on down in the valleys too, in villages that are noticeably unspoilt. The Haute Pyrenees is definitely the region to be coming to with family and friends – it provides the perfect winter holiday. Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work scan both trust and take full advantage of, when looking to purchase a home here in the mountains. So why not take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream home today!9 properties in Pyrenees - Hautes Pyrenees
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals. Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park.. As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons. In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit. At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Airports: Toulouse – 74 miles Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles Carcassonne – 124 miles16 properties in Le Mourtis